Seggiano Olive Oil - PDO
Olive growers, Oil millers, intermediates and processors that would like to produce, process package and sell the Protected Geographically Indicated Exta - Virgin Olive oil from Seggiano have the chance to evaluate in advance their chance to satisfy the requirements from the PGI by browsing the production standard and the Control Plan.
The operators willing to require the listing in the Control System (or that, being already listed , need to comunicate a variation) need to compile, subscribe and submit to CCPB the following documents:
- Certification contract (mod CO/DO) for acceptance of the Certification Regulation
- Application for Operators List of the Protected Georgraphical Indication for Extra Virgin Olive Oil of Seggiano, and attachments included.
- Producers application Sheet (Olive growers only)
- Intermediates, Packagers and Olive Millers application sheet (only for these operators category)
For the companies the cadastrian maps of the field lots interested should be attached to the submission application.
For what concerns intermediates and packagers there should be attached also:
- A description of the plants and processing, storage and packaging venues with an indication of the lines dedicated to the processing of the DOP product (in case of a space separation of the processing cycles) comprehending the planimetry of the structures scale 1:200, cadastrial certificates and the documents proving the avaliability of the structures (contratti di affitto, comodato, ecc.), list of the owned tools and equipments;
- A copy of the Activity Start Certified Segnalation (SCIA for food or similar) see EU Regulation N. 852/2004
- The packaging material if available. If it's not then it will be necessary to integrate the application in a further integration.
- Declaration of fulfillment of the duties included in EU Regulation 852, 853, 854, 882 /2004 (health safety).
The application for the first subscription need to be presented on the 31st of July of every year.
All the operators of the supply chain have the duty to communicate to CCPB the amounts of olives produced, the milling dates, the olive oil obtained and liven up iwith the procedures in compliance with the control plan.
Intermediates and packagers need to communicate to CCPB the activity start date at least three days before.
For all the operators already in the control system the renewal is implicit if there's no termination communication.
The operators willing to come out from the control system need to send to CCPB within the 31st of July of every year a formal request of thermination from the control system, via mail or fax.
The operators ceasing the activity have to send the communication via fax or registered mail to CCPB within 15 dd since the activity termination.
The costs related to control and certification service in charge to the operators and the relative payment procedures are defined in the Price List.