Medical Products with Organic Agriculture Ingredients
CCPB has set up a special certification scheme for Medical Products with Organic Agriculture Ingredients. The production Standards for this scheme set out the minimum requirements for ingredients, formulation and production process that a cosmetic needs to have in order to be called Medical Product, that is an instrument used in medicine for diagnosis or therapy.
This scheme is not covered by EC Reg. 834/07 and is therefore a non-governmental standard, having been put together by experts from companies and associations working in this sector.
It is good to remind that this scheme does not come within the scope of application of EC Reg. 834/07 therefore the standard is the result of a non-governmental initiative, having been put together by a work group comprising experts from companies and organizations operating in the cosmetics sector. It’s a complete news n the sector, in order to complete the organic concept that the consumer researches in all products containing natural raw materials and ingredients from agrifood supply chain.
How certification works
Operators intending to apply for inspection and certification for their medical products are required to meet the requirements and fulfill the obligations set out in production standards. The documents to be presented are:
- submit the Application for Certification, accompanied by its appendix including the prevention and control plan,
- the signed CCPB financial agreement and the Certification Contract
At the receipt of the documents, CCPB provides to:
- assess the document defining and describing the production process,
- make the on-site inspection
- decide for certification and issuing the certificate
- the company products will be listed in the certified products record
The company will continue to be under the CCPB surveillance programme whose aim is to check that compliance with the specific production standards is being maintained