Conosci il tuo pasto - Know your meal
Conosci il tuo pasto (Know your meal) is the certification for the aware catering. Any restaurant may meet the requirements for one or more than the five qualifying areas through a series of virtuous behaviors and get a clear and transparent certification.
How to get the certification
As the name says, Know your Meal focuses on the awareness of the served and eaten food. The choice of the raw materials and the kind of cuisine and service is the first step and consequently the awareness to get value, must refer to quality, territory and tradition, food safety, ethics, ecology.
Five qualifying areas
It is very simple to get the certification: any restaurant may meet the minimum requirements for one or more that the five qualifying areas by some virtuous behaviors:
- Quality Products: recognized, appreciated and certified characteristics (organic products, DOP, IGP, integrated agriculture, slow food, etc)
- Territory and tradition: products and recipes that are the history of Italian and Mediterranean cuisine
- Ethics: this means ingredients, products and virtuous processes on the table, in the kitchen and more
- Sustainability: virtuous behaviors taking up the sustainability option
- Veg: presence of a vegan and vegetarian menu
Who does Know your Meal turn to?
Know your Meal is a certification that may be requested by restaurants and other categories of public services preparing and distributing food, cafés, pizzerias, wine shops, fast food, collective catering, traditional school and canteen restaurants, delicatessen, farms, catering, street food and catering.
Know your Meal
Conosci il tuo pasto/Know your Meal certifications are granted only by CCPB.