CCPB in collaboration with Soil&More International provides “CO2 Neutral”, a new certification for CO2 offsetting. “CO2 Neutral” minimizes the environmental impact through carbon credits, after having assessed the carbon footprint of a product, process or service. In this way, a company improves its environmental performance and may propose communication strategies.
The carbon offset or reduction of CO2 emissions (Carbon Footprint) occurs through the production of compost. The composting process allows the production of carbon credits. Those are created through the calculation of avoided emissions of greenhouse gases at farm level in the atmosphere. Carbon credits could:
- reduce the environmental burden related to CO2 created on a company level
- fully compensate the emission of CO2 (Carbon Footprint) produced in the company with the chance to use and publicize the company program through a specific logo
- generate income trrough a quality compost commerce project
- carbon credits are are independently verified by an UNFCCC accredited third party body
- carbon credits could be created through small, medium and large scale projects
- carbon credits can encourage the local economy and provide people an year round employment
The aerobic microbial composting process capable of avoiding methane emissions is the "Voluntary Emission Reduction Standard according to Functional UNFCCC methodologies AMS IIIE, version 7 and AMS IIIF, version 5", recorded and tracked in the Register of the Voluntary Carbon Credit Market . It can be put in commerce as VER's.